You really can’t have a pizza night without having a great Italian Chopped Salad to go alongside. In my mind, anytime I’m eating something really decadent like an entire pizza, the calories don’t count if I chase it with a crisp and healthy salad. So, that notion brings me to one of my favorite pre-veg salads. The Antipasto or the Italian Chopped. I’ve veganized it with just 2 simple vegan products that no one should ever have to live without. 1. Field Roast Chao Cheese & 2. Yves Veggie Salami
Let’s get choppin!
Sliced Purple Onion
1 can Chickpeas
Sliced Black Olives
Salt & Pepper
Sliced Pepperoncino – optional
Field Roast Chao Cheese – creamy original
Yves Veggie Salami
- Chop your lettuce, tomatoes, & cucumbers into even pieces and keep them small so you can fit lots of flavors on 1 fork.
- Drain & Rinse your chickpeas
- Slice your onions into thin pieces.
- Take one slice of your Chao cheese and 1 slice of your veggie salami and roll into a tube. Cut into bite size pin wheels.
- Throw it all in a bowl. A Drizzle of Olive oil. A Sprinkle of Salt & Pepper. A Beautiful wheel of balsamic glaze right on top.
I say peperoncino’s optional because I got so excited about my balsamic glaze circles that I forgot to add it. It was delicious without. But still wouldn’t hurt to add them next time.
And now you’re ready for Vegan Pizza Night!!
I live for Green Juice and French Fries and knowing that a well-balanced life means having both and having them often.
I am a self-taught cook, caught in a not-so-secret love affair with vegetables. Inspired by vegan & vegetarian chefs, www.GreenJuiceandFrenchFries.com was born. A place where you can find recipes for delicious treats and healthy eats, all in one place… because who says you can’t have it all?